Thursday, September 4, 2008

Once in a lifetime...

As soon as I found out that I would be studying in England this fall, I knew that I wanted to keep a blog about my trip. Not only will it allow me to remember all of the adventures I have over here, but it will also allow all of you reading this to know what I’m up to…good? bad? :) I also hope to post some pictures here too so you can put some images to the things that I’ll describe.

I leave in 9 days, September 13th to be exact, leaving from O’Hare to Heathrow in London at 6pm. I’ll be flying Virgin Atlantic and getting to London at 8am their time. I’m not sure if I can fully describe the amount of excitement that I feel over this new venture. To say that I’m not nervous at all would be a lie, but the excitement over getting to do something that I’ve dreamed of for a long time pushes the nerves, for now, into the back of my mind. I feel so blessed to be given this opportunity and thank you to everyone there supporting and encouraging me as I dreamed about it and then have been there to watch my dreams turn into reality.

There are so many people that I know I am going to miss terribly. My family, Dave, my friends from home and college, and of course all of my buddies in the band. If I could bring all of you with me to share in the experience too, I would in a heartbeat. But I’m only allowed 2 bags not weighing over 50 lbs. :) I guess this is the next best thing. I hope you all enjoy reading this and don’t mind any typos, because I always forget to use spell check. :) Thanks again to everyone and happy reading!

Erica

3 comments:

SeƱorHache said...

¡Buen viaje! I'm exicted to be able to keep up with your day to day adventures!
Sr. Hirst

Norbert said...

YAY little E! I am so excited for you. I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Krista said...

Hey Erica!
It's Krista, from politics! Wouldn't Dr. Payne be proud of your trip! ha ha,I actually went to England on a three week study abroad this summer so I know exactly how excited you are!! (well not exactly, you get to stay for the whole semester!!!) I bet you're gonna love it. I'm gonna be so jealous reading about your adventures! I miss it already and I got back at the end of July! Don't worry, Heathrow's not bad. Immigration's a bit tough though. Make sure you bring an acceptance letter to the school you're going to if you have one! I got drilled about not having one. The lady I was with was pretty scary! Good luck with your flight. Hopefully you won't have a lot of turbulence. You'll be running on adrenaline that whole first day with the lack of sleep, but don't sweat it! Okay, I'm done now! Have a safe flight and I'll be looking forward to your update! :)
~Krista