Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's finally raining...

I guess it really feels like England now that it's no longer sunny and in the 60s. I couldn't believe my luck with the weather, since it's been so beautiful for this first week here. I don't mind the rain so much though. I've been really enjoying getting to know people here, even though I'm not going out drinking or clubbing like a lot of the people here do, EVERY night! It's crazy! The people that I've really gotten to know here aren't the clubbing type either, so we have our own fun talking and watching movies in the evenings. Haven't done a whole lot in the last few days, but I think it's because I did so much in my first week here. I'm getting time to just take a step back and relax a bit. Nikita and I now have a full house of people! We have another girl who is from Romania and three boys, 2 British and 1 from Cyprus. 3 girls and 3 guys, I think it's going to be great! I think we'll all get along well. I know Nikita the best since we were together for almost a week before everyone else came, but I've also really enjoyed getting to know Paul and Rick (the 2 British guys). We've spent a good amount of time hanging out in our kitchen and last night moved one of the couches into the kitchen for more sitting space. We do have a living room, but it's so closed off and small, the kitchen works much better. Plus there is food there! :) Yesterday Beth (from ICISP and Normal!) and Amy (ICISP) booked flights to Oslo, Norway on the 14th of November! We sort of did it spur of the moment because we found a really cheap flight. We'll be there three days and I know it will be great. I'm pretty much booked up every weekend except a few going, either going somewhere or having people here, mostly going somewhere. Dad comes in just over a week and we'll be jetting off to Germany for 10 days! Plans are really taking off for that trip and it's going to be great! Well, I'll try to write more later this week after I have my first real week of classes and trip to Dover on Friday. I hope everyone is doing well and feel free to contact me (email, skype, etc.) anytime! I love hearing from home. If anyone would like to know my address here just send me an email. eekuche@ilstu.edu I won't post address information here. I have one address for regular letters and one for bigger things, but the letter one would be most practical I would think.
e

No comments: