Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm back!...from Germany that is..
















Well, I guess it was high time that I update y’all about what has been going on here. There is simply so much to do and so little time to do it in….and having this annoying cold for the past week hasn’t helped much either in getting motivated to post. Anyway here I am, alive, if not completely well at the moment. I’m going to break this post in two just to make it easier to follow. Dad and I got back from Germany with no problems, except my new awesome boots I got in Stuttgart set off the security thing…darn buckles. I was pretty tired from our 10 days away, but there was still more to do with Dad here. The day we got back we decided to check out Dover in the late afternoon after resting up a bit. We were thinking about going to the castle, but decided to just sort of roam around. Our roaming took us to a the White Cliffs Nature park where we had great time walking along the top of the cliffs. There are trails that go for miles along the top through some really pretty fields. The day was sort of cloudy, but that did not take away from how stunning those cliffs are. We took lots of pictures (some I’ll post) and both agreed that it was a great time getting to hike. I recommend it to anyone going to Dover who loves to be outdoors and enjoys a good (at times steep) hike. Tuesday took us up to the northern coast of Kent (my third time…do you think I might enjoy it up there? :) ). We started in Margate which is the farthest city you can get to on the northeast part of Kent. We walked along the beach, but didn’t find anything too interesting. So on to Herne Bay we went for more beach walking and of course….a Chelsea bun from Dunn’s bakery. Dad seemed to enjoy his, I of course devoured mine. Whitstable was our next and last stop on our trip to the coast. More beach walking and eating, this time at Zizzi, a great little Italian restaurant that I had wanted to eat at the last time I was there. Great pizza and Dad had some yummy looking pasta that he really liked. Since I had class on Wednesday, Dad decided he would venture up to London for the day on the train. He had a great time and the only hang up seemed to be coming back he ran into some problems with the trains being late and having to switch trains. He got back around 9:30pm to find my housemates and I having a little impromptu party in our kitchen and watching this really weird British t.v. show. Thursday we booked last minute overnight ferry tickets to France…

No comments: